installation prblm :-(

thextinct

12 posts in this topic

hello,

Ive been trying to install macosx 86. Ive read couple of guides and decided to stick with one. Ive done everything right according to the guide and now im having prblm installing it.

to let you all kno, ive been trying to Marklar-Tiger.iso and the related files tht ive got is Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_Release1.rar,

As i said ive done everything right according to the guide ive used. Now whn i install the OS on my LAPTOP, i get this message saying that i have to restart my computer to complete the installation (message after 10% of installation). Now there is no restart button on the laptop. So i just pressed the power button which switched off my computer. Then whn i restarted it, i tried it again but tht message popped up again. waited for like 20 secs but nothing happnd and i did the same thing again. But thn whn i restarted it, my laptop got stuck at the white screen which has a apple in the centre.

at this i dont kno wht shall i do.

i tried formatting the partition with my windows cd, but it wudnt recognise it.

plsss help me with this...

ur help will b greatly appreciated.

thnku..

well i kno its not VMware.. but i dunno whts native.. :-s ive given the file names above. thts what ive used.

and for the white screen.. i gave it like abt 1 30 hrs.. shud i still give it more time? bcos earlier it took just abt 1 min to go to the installation page.

but i tried my 10gb partition to combine with the 50gb partition. This was after my attemp to install the OS. I tried it with my windows cd. Whn i asked it to install windows onto my 50gb partition it did not respond and asked me to install it on my other partition.

Is there any way to combine both of my partitions?

ot else shud i try burning the DVD again and thn inserting it and running it.

I would start all over. Install your Windows first. Create your partitions but eliminate the partition that you have set for OS X. Make sure that drive/partition is unreadable by Windows. You should then be able to install to it. There is a program called Transmac that runs in Windows that can format it for you. It will also allow you to see the OSX files from within Windows and transfer files to it.

ok so.. i did install my windows again.. and did everything all over again..

im right now istalling the OS.. but again.. after abt 15% of copying the files, it gives me the same message tht i have to restart my computer for the installation to continue. Now how do i restart it as it is a laptop and there is no restart or reset button.

helpp mee!! :)