HELP with 10.4.9 on my P5W DH Deluxe

sosososo

12 posts in this topic

I have tried three different versions from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, none of them working after installation.the latest one 10.4.9, i had to buy a double layer DVD to burn it and still not working.After installation, it keeps asking me to reboot every time it comes to the apple logo, don't know what's wrong.Can someone help with that?Thanks a lot.cpu: 6600RAM: 2Gvideo card: 7600 GTmother board: P5W DH Deluxe.

I have tried three different versions from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, none of them working after installation.the latest one 10.4.9, i had to buy a double layer DVD to burn it and still not working.After installation, it keeps asking me to reboot every time it comes to the apple logo, don't know what's wrong.Can someone help with that?Thanks a lot.cpu: 6600RAM: 2Gvideo card: 7600 GTmother board: P5W DH Deluxe.
. . why a double-layer DVD? Are you trying to use unhackd Apple retail/reinstallation DVDs?

I have a P5W-DH Deluxe and the Uphuck 1.4i r3 release has worked flawlessly. In fact I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to 10.4.10, learned my lesson and re-installed from the Uphuck DVD. If you haven't tried it I would recommend it because it works great. During install, do not select any options apart from i) Nvidia or ATI support, ii) SATA support, iii) Patched IONetworking for FCP6 - rest are not needed except for patches like verbose output which are to your personal taste.

When you boot you will have no sound or Wi-Fi. Get the Mac driver for the WLAN card from realtek's web site (no patches needed) for Wi-Fi and use the AppleHDA patcher with a codec dump to get (stereo) sound working. In just 2 hours or less you have a perfect and fast OS X install.

For my Asus PW5DH I used the JaS 10.4.8 ppf 1&2, updated with the JaS 10.4.9 Combo Update and Koolkal´s 10.4.10 update. Except sleep and a small problem with the second onboard ethernet - everything perfect! ^_^

I wouldn´t oc the system during Install. for the installation I used this guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48245

I haven't got this to work either. I used to have osx working flawlessly with all my hardware, but i accidentally deleted the drive somehow so now i am installing with the newest uphuck dvd. whenever i install, reboot, i get a black screen with a flashing line in the top left corner. why? i have tried installing dozens of times on my p5w dh deluxe and core 2 quad q6600 using different installation options but no result.

Is there any special settings in BIOS? which version of BIOS you are using?

Are you overclocking your system? I changed my RAM voltage to 2.0V.

I just downloaded uphuck 1.4 r3, ready to try.

There is a setting in the bios that you should do before installing. Set your Harddisk on ACPI. After this you boot from DVD and before you start to install you first need to partition your harddisk. Now this is where many guys go wrong. They forget to go to Options and select the Master Boot selection. This should help you.

I own an Asus P5W running a Q6600 and it works perfectly. The only problem I faced was my fans making a lot of noise all the time going from silent to noise in 3 minutes. I've solved this by turning off EIST in the bios. http://mckill.ca/ will help you setup your P5W board if you are still missing out on something. Good luck.

what version of bios are you running? i had a perfect installation going with the regular jas 10.4.8 (upgraded to .10) release, but i accidentally reformatted it. now i am trying to install from uphuck 1.4i r3, and as soon as i restart after installing (tried with literally dozens of options) i get a black screen with flashing white line in upper left corner. i am re-downloading the jas 10.4.8 release to see if that will work better than uphuck, but still... what gives? I can't imagine I am the first person to see this, especially since it is an extremely common and reliable osx86 board.

I haven't got this to work either. I used to have osx working flawlessly with all my hardware, but i accidentally deleted the drive somehow so now i am installing with the newest uphuck dvd. whenever i install, reboot, i get a black screen with a flashing line in the top left corner. why? i have tried installing dozens of times on my p5w dh deluxe and core 2 quad q6600 using different installation options but no result.

That means the boot flag of the Harddrive should be fixed again

"Unsuccessful Installation and Related Symptoms:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation and OSX wont boot:

--> Your partition that OSX is installed is not active and contains no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition."

You should try that...

Worked here

the only problem I had was the "classic": still waiting for root device

I solved it by changing the jumper settings of the dvd/cd device.

after there have been no more problems installing 10.4.8.

this looks also like a hardware thing.I would deactivate in bios everything you don´t need and plug only neccessary devices. remove all jumpers of your sata´s - no need (do you use sata?).of course you should set all settings in bios as recommended in different threads about the PW5DH.