Spyder2 detected but not working (Fixed!)

2 posts in this topic

I just connected a new Spyder2 express to my new hackintosh. The System Preferences picks this device up under USB however the software that it came with does not recognize it. I did search the forums a couple of times looking for answers but all I can seem to find are related to the USB ports not detecting the device. The Application will not detect it and I can not seem to find anyway to make it work any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide whatever additional details might help fix this just let me know what I need to post.

Thanks

T

Edit:

I got this working by applying the update from the location below.

hXXp://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/download/usbdebug.html

After applying and rebooting the software (ver 2.3) picked up the spyder2 no problem and it corrected this awful blue tinit the LCD had. ;)

I installed the 2.3 version of the software and I am getting the same results. I did however see the following in the console logs. I am not really sure exactly what it means other than it can't seem to find the bundle?

2007-08-30 10:03:16.930 Spyder2express[413] CFLog (21): dyld returns 2 when trying to load /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib

2007-08-30 10:03:16.931 Spyder2express[413] CFLog (22): Cannot find function pointer IOUSBLibFactory for factory 4547A8AA-9EF3-11D4-A9BD-000A27052861 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x3d3c60 </System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle> (bundle, not loaded)