NTFS-3G Problems! Please Help!

amdmatt

11 posts in this topic

ok i have two ntfs partitions on my drive

one that has windows xp pro and one that is for storage

i have ntfs-3g installed and they are mounted correctly with the file system as ntfs-3g

it says under permissions on the get info window that it is read/write but there is no details dropdown

when ever i try to copy any file to these drives it gives me the error

"The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficiant privilages for some of the items"

i know the files im trying to move dont have the problem because they can be moved all over my mac partition.. (hfs+) but on the ntfs drive i can create and rename folders and rename files currently on it..

however if i go through the terminal and login with "sudo -s" and do "cp -r 'mac file' 'ntfs drive'" it copys perfect..

whats am i doing wrong?!?

thanks!

After I installed these packages, most of my usb externall hdd will no longer pop up on the desktop, but they get read in vista. im sure they are fat32 as worked before installed ntfs.

is there a way to go back?

id rather have all my hdds show then write to just one..

Well, this package is to be installed first: http://macfuse.googlecode.com/files/MacFUSE-Core-0.4.0.dmg

And then instal this one: http://homepage.mac.com/danielj7/NTFS-3G.pkg.tar.bz2

Does it help now?

i dont know if that was sarcastic or not but no.. i installed those already.. if i hadnt how would i have been able to mount it as an ntfs-3g file system.

i dont know if that was sarcastic or not but no.. i installed those already.. if i hadnt how would i have been able to mount it as an ntfs-3g file system.

These packages are simply the latest driver release. That's what I meant.

So if you experienced some problems, installing the latest files could help.

What install disk did you use for your OS? NTFS-3G is an option on uphuck's disks and it install everything perfectly. You might try going back and installing just that from the installation disk and see if that solves your problem.

im using uphuck 10.4.9 and i did see that ntfs3g install option.. but i was worried what version it was.. i want to keep all my dmg files working.. did it give you any problems with dmg files?

I don't have any problems at all. I tell people all the time to just experiment because what works perfectly on my system may not on yours. That dmg problem has never affected my system even in the early days of NTFS-3G. I suspect there were other issues involved within the systems that were affected.