Underclocking a GeForce 6800GS?

serigei

3 posts in this topic

Is there anyway I can underclock my GeForce 6800GS, even if I have to edit some obscure file somewhere by hand? I've tried to find information on this through google, but all the results I get are only things like Graphiccelerator which can only be used on PCI/AGP actual Mac graphics cards and can't even read or whatever PCI-e cards. There doesn't seem to be any official nVidia software like the nvidia-settings app in Linux or anything. Anyone know how to do this?

Is there anyway I can underclock my GeForce 6800GS, even if I have to edit some obscure file somewhere by hand? I've tried to find information on this through google, but all the results I get are only things like Graphiccelerator which can only be used on PCI/AGP actual Mac graphics cards and can't even read or whatever PCI-e cards. There doesn't seem to be any official nVidia software like the nvidia-settings app in Linux or anything. Anyone know how to do this?

you'll have to mod the bios using Nibitor and then reflash it using NVflash. I used this method to decrease the fan speed to make it tolerable in OSX

you'll have to mod the bios using Nibitor and then reflash it using NVflash. I used this method to decrease the fan speed to make it tolerable in OSX

Thanks a bunch, it worked perfectly (I used FreeDOS to run NVflash, BTW, since I have neither DOS nor a floppy drive anymore). For some reason I never thought about looking for Windows apps for this... D'oh. :)