[SELL] XFX 6800 XTreme works well with osx

OriginalMACNUT

2 posts in this topic

I wanted like $70 to $80, I've not used to much at all, has maybe at most 13 to 14 hrs on it. I ran ATItool for a day. what the utility does? pushes the GPU and the memory till it starts to artifact. Artifacting occured at 475 ( GPU ) and memory at 1306 MHZ or 1.3GHz . I backed the GPU down to 450 as this is in the very safe range & back the memory down to 1.2 GHz which also is in the very safe range, then re-running the ATItool for a couple hours to do a burn in test to verify stability, then using a tool called nvflash, I flashed the updated bios with the new GPU & MEM clocks. Overclocking a card is safe if you know what your doing, some people don't and end up burning up the card because they don't take the time to properly test the card for over heating. Over heating mainly occures when you push the card beyond its limits or buying a cheap card, which XFX is not cheap card. Overclocking the card will get more FPS ( Frames per second ) from the card resulting in a faster game play and higher graphics. I've never had any slow down or over heating occure. The card is dated May of 2006, I bought off store shelf sometime in march of this year from circuitcity.