HP notebooks, post your SLEEP status here, working or not, and how.

youngi

9 posts in this topic

Hello there,

here's my findings for now.

with Paulicat's installer with speed fix, and powermanagement bundle fix i find when i sleep the laptop it actually doesnt, just turns off the monitor, but still working as it was, i can even press power button then ENTER and it shuts down.

ok, now if i remove the powermanagement bundle the pc sleeps normally, wakes but screen stays black....also cpu temperature rises and can reach 70 ish.

now recovering with the original powermanagement from JaS DVD, cpu temp goes normal again but still wont actually sleep the PC.

ok, all these tries were done with power saver kickin in, so as sleep the computer manually.

also as paulicat mentioned on other topic, the AppleACPILPC.kext which and AppleACPIPlatform.kext put in startup items to load as paulicat said he couldnt sleep without the LPC one....well i got both loading but yet no real effect on here in the 3 cases mentioned.

i dont know if speed step is workin after paulicat's installer with his kernel, but i cant find ACPICPUthrottle loaded although it is still in the startupitems and i was prompted the FIX, DISABLE, LATER after booting from the installer.

could any one with working SLEEP on HP post here his mac version and kernel, with any modification he's done to get sleep?

EDIT: my specs are in my profile comments. and im using 10.4.8 JaS

ok i got some more info,

i dont know why but sometimes i find that temperatrure reached 77 C and still the fan isnt kickin in, and that AppleACPILPC.kext was not loaded...

so as soon as i loaded AppleACPILPC.kext, fans kicked in bringin temperature down to 29, and fans didnt stop....haha i dont have any idea what's that, but at least that's a way to avoid overheat...anyone have any more info about that?

EDIT: i found out i was disabling SATA like usual to be able to boot to XP, but when i enable SATA, SLEEP works fine right away, but hangs on wakeup.

• 1 month later...

finally it's working flawlessly....i had to install the old released installer by macdotnub, acpicputhrottler.zi p, that's after i removed the ACPICPUThrottle kext first, and i got wake from sleep instanteneously a couple of times in a row, also throttling working with the packaged DCPUManager....anyw ay, im really happy about that, now i have a reliable OS with sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
finally it's working flawlessly....i had to install the old released installer by macdotnub, acpicputhrottler.zi p, that's after i removed the ACPICPUThrottle kext first, and i got wake from sleep instanteneously a couple of times in a row, also throttling working with the packaged DCPUManager....anyw ay, im really happy about that, now i have a reliable OS with sleep.

Youngi, where can I find the old released installer by macdotnub? I am using HP notebook as well, but I'm now with Kernel 8.10.3, so I'm not sure your method is going to work or not, but I would like to have a try.

Thank you in advance

it's on here, http://www.macdotnub.info/

and i think it's not gonna work on 10.4.10 coz it actually installs a 10.4.9 kernel... ok give it a try though

because there's a link in the#irc, which is http://tinyurl.com/2dmcuq

and this one is with "Universal intel/amd/sse3/speedstep/sleep kernel", inside there's a acpicputhrottle.kext as well

But after installing that package, I can't wake...

I'm wondering if the new SMBios (1.0.11) will make me wake, from the top post, I can see someone with that can wake, I'm going to try out soon...

if my Mac can wake, I'm definitely withdrew from Vista...

if my Mac can wake, I'm definitely withdrew from Vista...

i got vista off my laptop the 2nd day i bought it...and totally said what u said and finally got sleep workin after 3 months of only mac on the system.

mac is great...but last week i got it off again and switched to vista for good...why?

coz intel wireless 3945 is not working, and although i got dlink's usb wifi, it happens to give me so much trouble to connect, sometimes it can't. and last week it always showed it's connected although never could get anything off the internet although worked fine with LAN...been a very big hassle. i couldnt rely on it anymore...power management is not really good on hackintosh, im sure everything is brilliant with original mac...but too expensive to get.... my hack couldnt sleep or do something before the battery goes dead, i have to either shutdown or forget and lose power!!!

Sound...workin embedded speakers, no mic or headphones, so i got a usb headphones and now i can't record with my guitar coz no input mic!!!! and i really got sick of buying everything USB to make a hack work...i just found it a dream that can't be perfect for me.

the laptop is just not completely functional and the wireless card 3945 is the biggest problem that hasnt been solved for a year now!!!!

couldnt get external monitors to work too!!! the list doesnt end!!

now im not really happy with vista...in fact i hate microsoft as hell, and i never imagined i would switch back to vista but i get a completely working laptop, EXCELLENT power management, sleep, hibernation, monitors, WIFI CONNECTION INSTANTLY.

my main work is video editing and stuff, done a big project on xp before i switch to hackintosh, never realized a similar project on final cut pro...but with the above problems i cant rely on a hackintosh although sleep was working in the end.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR CASE, I STILL TOTALLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA, HOPE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS GET SOLVED, OR EVERYONE GET RICHER AND BUYS A REAL MAC :(

i got vista off my laptop the 2nd day i bought it...and totally said what u said and finally got sleep workin after 3 months of only mac on the system.

mac is great...but last week i got it off again and switched to vista for good...why?

coz intel wireless 3945 is not working, and although i got dlink's usb wifi, it happens to give me so much trouble to connect, sometimes it can't. and last week it always showed it's connected although never could get anything off the internet although worked fine with LAN...been a very big hassle. i couldnt rely on it anymore...power management is not really good on hackintosh, im sure everything is brilliant with original mac...but too expensive to get.... my hack couldnt sleep or do something before the battery goes dead, i have to either shutdown or forget and lose power!!!

Sound...workin embedded speakers, no mic or headphones, so i got a usb headphones and now i can't record with my guitar coz no input mic!!!! and i really got sick of buying everything USB to make a hack work...i just found it a dream that can't be perfect for me.

the laptop is just not completely functional and the wireless card 3945 is the biggest problem that hasnt been solved for a year now!!!!

couldnt get external monitors to work too!!! the list doesnt end!!

now im not really happy with vista...in fact i hate microsoft as hell, and i never imagined i would switch back to vista but i get a completely working laptop, EXCELLENT power management, sleep, hibernation, monitors, WIFI CONNECTION INSTANTLY.

my main work is video editing and stuff, done a big project on xp before i switch to hackintosh, never realized a similar project on final cut pro...but with the above problems i cant rely on a hackintosh although sleep was working in the end.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR CASE, I STILL TOTALLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA, HOPE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS GET SOLVED, OR EVERYONE GET RICHER AND BUYS A REAL MAC ;)

Well, I will keep up using Vista... until SP1 release...

currently, I haven't try out the wireless (haven't get the Dell card), but every other stuff works fine just sleep...

before I've used uphuck that install disc, and everything is fine, just then upgrade to 10.4.10, can't really sleep. I'm wondering, if I didn't change my kernel, suppose that stuff should be able to run again?

If sleep sworks, then Mac will be really stable... (sick of having updates from Microsoft, that stupid explorer.exe always giving me trouble, even after installing the patch from the solution centre, still happens..)

yeah mac on my laptop was pretty much stable, just was having problems having acpicputhrottle kext loading...sometimes it doesnt...and dcpumanager which manages throttling is pretty good but crashes from time to time and i can end up with a kernel panic...but mac was totally faster than vista.. i still dont know why vista keeps spinning HDD after booting for a minute!!!what does it do after booting?