How is this new Hackintosh specs?

7 posts in this topic

planning to build a new desktop, i been looking into it for the past 2 days, and come up with the following,

Motherboard: Intel D945GTPLKR or ASUS P5L-MX or MSI 945GM3-F

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Socket LGA775, 2.66 GHz

Case: Apevia X-QPACK2 Aluminum Micro-ATX

Video card: BFG GeForce 7900 GS OC

Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Special Ops Edition

im really not sure which motherboard would be the best, since i wanted a small pc, the board also needs to be micro-atx, does anyone has any suggestions? thanx in advance.

ps. and also for the memory, i dont see any requirements for them, any memories works fine?

if you can push your chipset any, i'd more than advise it.

P35 works with OSx86, P965 does as well, nothing hurts getting something a little newer, it'll go better with the new CPU.

if you're really looking for onboard graphic performance, you may want to go AMD though. AMD has better quality onboard graphics than intel [and were the first to offer onboard DVI].

for RAM, if you want performance, get DDR2 800mhz RAM. if you want stability, not much gaming, standard use computer, just save the money and get 667mhz RAM. 1 or 2GB will work best with any computer. just make sure that the board supports the RAM you buy [check the memory standard of the board on the manufacturer website]. the memory standard is what will give you the best performance.

thanx everyone =) i looked into the two boards suggested, they are all really good, but one thing i find is they they all seem to support only upto ddr2 667? i looked @ ASUS P5B-VM and the SE version, they seem to support ddr2-800. but anyone know if they are compatible w/ mac?

any other good micro-atx boards support ddr2-800? thanx

i doubt matx boards supporting 800mhz...667 are as far as they go.... unless they come out with new revisions... i want 800mhz myself and was in a bit of confusion state myself so i opted out of the 945 chipset... and went for the p35 :( hopefully should manage a decent build after all the help im gettin here... thanx again guys.