How do I change back resolution after 10.4.10 update?

Fatherless One

5 posts in this topic

I've finally got my hackintosh working:

OSX 10.4.9 (Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.2)

Asus P5LD2-VM (rev1.03)

Intel Pentium D935 (3.20 GHz) Dual Core Processor

2 Gig Geil PC 5300 Ram

250 Gig Seagate Sata HDD

On-board graphics GMA 950 working (1440x900)

Network (Ethernet) and USB working

Mac Pro Case

Mac Keyboard and Mouse

My problem is after I've upgraded to 10.4.10 (either Koolkal or Pascal's update) my resolution goes to 1024x768 (from 1440x900) with no other res's available in the list, even though I've not chosen to install any video drivers from the 10.4.10 install disks.

Why? It's annoying me no end.

Check System profile. Have you got CI and QE. If not I would suggest you re-install the 950gma.pkg from one of your install disks. I think you'll find it in System/Installation/Packages

Repair disk permissions, reboot then see what you have.

• 4 months later...

Hey there, I am very new to this (not to Mac, I have a MBP), and got my first Hackintosh working last night. It seems we have a quite similar setup and I just wanted to ask how you could manage to change screen resolution.

The setup is:

Uphuck v1.4i revision 3

Version 10.4.9

Asus P5LD2-VM

Pentium D 940 (3.2 GHz)

Onboard Intel GMA 950 graphics card

I have everything working other than

- A PCI firewire card, which appears on the device list but does not work with my harddisks or firewire audio interface (M-Audio FireWire Audiophile)

- A PCI audio card (M-Audio Audiophile 2496)

- Screen resolution stuck at 1024 x 768.

I have a 19 inch LCD monitor at 1440 x 900, so I have to change to this res.

Thanks

Thanks Antic, and great audio setup you have ingilizanahtari, recording (remixing) is an area I'm interested in :mellow:

Sorry I hadn't revisited the topic in so long I'd forgotten about it.

My system profiler says: Core Image: Supported, Quartz Extreme: Supported.

I'm now running 10.4.11 (XxX_os_x86_10.4.11), the only drivers I installed were Azalia for the audio and GMA950 for video and everything worked. My one problem seems to be the speed at which I receive email, terribly slow on this install compared to the uphuck 10.4.9 install, I'm assuming it's just a setting somewhere.

I have a friend with the same setup as myself who has no luck installing those same drivers during install, he installs the drivers after initial install, but then everything works correctly? I don't know why!

Thanks for the reply mate. Well, I actually did. I had no idea on the first try and I simply clicked everything to be installed :) But then I realized the situation and only installed the necessary drivers and files. I made a second run to add a few more things, and marked GMA 950 again to make sure it works (the installer said: UPDATE, not SKIP), but nothing changed. I downloaded a file called gma.950.support.pkg and installed it without any success.