no keyboard, mouse or ethernet on laptop.

FA22RaptorF22

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have a dv6000z laptop with a dual core turion. I can boot up jas 10.4.8 fine, but i have no keyboard or mouse. Only usb mice and such work. Internal stuff is obviously ps2. I would think that the osx has no ps2 support, but the keyboard and mouse works fine on another laptop. Is there a patch or workaround for this?

Also, how would i enable or install ethernet?

Thanks.

you can read this post on the forum: [HowTo] Fix Network Problem with Intel PRO/100 VE

to fix the ethernet. i used built-in laptop keyboard and touchpad without a problem and so couldn't help you with it. have fun with the mac!

Hi all. I have a dv6000z laptop with a dual core turion. I can boot up jas 10.4.8 fine, but i have no keyboard or mouse. Only usb mice and such work. Internal stuff is obviously ps2. I would think that the osx has no ps2 support, but the keyboard and mouse works fine on another laptop. Is there a patch or workaround for this?

I have a similar problem. thinkpad x31, after the Installation of OS X it boots up nicely and keyboard works, but the trackpoint doesn't. After I connect (via USB) a Logitech wireless set with Keyboard & Mouse, the internal keyboard won't work anymore.  I can only use OS X with external Keyboard & Mouse then.

But try booting with -x ! And don't have any external devices plugged in when booting up. My internal keyboard actually works again then when booting -x.

Okay I fixed the problem, it was all about the permissions.

I just played around with whats written here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...oard_to_work.3F

and I also tried this on the Audio-kexts. When I rebooted the OS X I was euphorically surprised to find both, sound and integrated keyboard/trackpoint working!

;)  very happy now. I love this forum!

(I'm talking about an IBM thinkpad x31, having used the Myzar 10.4.5 install DVD. Everything works native).