Uphuck 10.4.9 will read but won't write to my HD

Twinnie

6 posts in this topic

I used the Vista dual boot guide settings to format my drive using diskpart and set it up and I've also tried formatting it to FAT32. Whenever I start it up it doesn't find any of my HDs as destinations (finds my DVD player for some reason) so I go into Disk Utility or terminal and try to let OSX86 fomrat my drive again but every time I try it just hangs up. After few minutes the cursor turns into that multi-coloured 'thinking' thing and then it sits like that literally for hours before it justs gives me some error message saying it can't do it. I tried doing it though the terminal as well but I got a similar problem though I haven't let that have it's several hour run to the end, I just reset it. It just seems like it'll read the drives but not write to them.

Relevant specs are:

Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r3

nForce4

Southbridge version is 570

250GB SATA hard drive

The DVD drive is IDE

Any knowledge is appreciated. I was thinking about downloading JaS but I'm not sure if that'd make a difference and I'm already on my third ISO just to find it doesn't work again.

1. Make sure you've got the latest BIOS updates for your SATA drive.

2. Attempt to format a Mac OS X (Journaled) partition using Windows Vista or Diskpart.

3. If the last step doesn't work, delete the partition you want to install Mac OS X on and just leave it as free space. Then, proceed to Disk Utility and create a new volume/partition from there.

Make sure you try each one of these step-by-step and check to see if they work after each step. Diligence is key. :)

better check your partition status.

it should be set to primary partition not logical, and should also be active.

i have a bootcd to do that for you

you may also convert from one partition type to another without losing data.