Help Building 3d Machine

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am very new to the hackintosh system but I want to build one. I need a stable OS like apple's. I am going to be using this computer for 3d modeling and animation.

I have searched the forums but have not found exactly what I am looking for.

Some things I want in this computer.

Quad core

High end graphics card (possibly a second graphics card)

3-4 gig of ram

Can anyone point me to a build or help me with this?

What is the best graphics card right now that is cappable to be used with a hackintosh and can I use a quad core?

Thanks

The best GPU is Sapphire X1950XT 256Mb, you can install it with JCool's method, it's a simple package.

We are still working on G8X00 (we've almost gave up) and R600.

Buy a Q6600 Rev. G0, the DDR you want, and a P35 based board (make a search on the forum using google), and you are ready to go.

Thank you,

Is it possible to do dual graphics cards with this mobo?

Also, I plan on using this as my work computer for school and personal. How stable are these hackintosh computers? I do not want to end up spending 1000 for a computer and running into a lot of problems both during set up and later on.

Thank you again and I will give the forum a search.

Thank you,

Is it possible to do dual graphics cards with this mobo?

Also, I plan on using this as my work computer for school and personal. How stable are these hackintosh computers? I do not want to end up spending 1000 for a computer and running into a lot of problems both during set up and later on.

Thank you again and I will give the forum a search.

You can't do dual graphic cards, not because of the mobo, because of osx86.

There is no SLI or CrossFire drivers.

If you can add another GPU, it will be for having 2, 3 or 4 monitors, but it won't be SLI or CF.

osx86 is rock solid, ask anyone...