Audio on Vaio

6 posts in this topic

ive got vaio vgn-fs215z and the audio is working, just installed the apple azalia audio on installation, no sweat, it works great. btw, is your video working? my geforce go6200 isn't working, just deleted all the geforce*.kext on the extensions folder, haven't got a clue what i did before, twas working, just reformatted my osx, now the video is a mess.

@g3n3ziz

the only way to get the nVidia Go 6200/6400 to work is to use the macvidia drivers - but:

1. no QE/CI on internal Display

2. QE/CI works fine o external Display

3. Natit/Titan/NVidiaEFI are causing black screen on internal Display, as far as I´ve tested on my VGN-FS 415

4. Resolution change works .......

@emie3333 ei, can u please give me a working kext package? can't seem to install any working titan or natit on my vaio, have reformatted for the nth time already.. heheh, thanks

--EDIT--

ei, btw what's the version of macvidia that is working with go6200/6400? can someone give me a clue? thanks again!

I have a Vaio sz460n/c with almost everything working, but not the sound...has anyone fixed this on any newer Vaios? And if so what codec do they use and how was the audio fixed on yours?

Please,Please,Please Help Me! :P

James, I have a VAIO AR41R and did the following:

use the applehda patcher , to be found on this forum,

get your vendor id and use that in the dump of your audio

restart, bingo!

In terms of the vendor ID i think i can find it windows, but I don't know what to do with it...I was thinking of creating a dump .txt file in linix but I don't really know how to do that...and in terms of the patcher, I tried that with no result I think it might be because i edited other files (appleHDA and the azalla file) useing guides before I used both patchers. In terms of the AppleHDA patcher I don't know what .txt file to use

btw the vendor id is 8086