OSX86 question....

T0MM_

8 posts in this topic

This might sound stupid but I'm trying to understand this.

Today, I have been interested in wanting to run MAC OS X on my WINDOWS PC without having to buy a apple comupter.

I've read up to where it can be used by PearPC to run it as a emulator and all but it runs slow.

I've found a thing called, "Mac OSX86" which I heard runs on windows perfect just like mac on windows and it runs fast. Basically a hacked version. Am I getting this right? So all I need to do is find this and install this and it should be like a mac on my PC?

Also, will this work on my PC, I have a HP Pavilion a1440n.

Can I make it so I just have a mac and no more windows or what?

T0MM_: I don't want this to sound like a RTFM-style post, but YOU will need to do a lot of your own reading to get an idea. Although the process can be painless and quick, in all likelihood you'll have to browse the many topics on these forums and other sources to get everything running sweetly, if at all.

I suggest that you begin by reading the info at the links that Synaesthesia helpfully posted, then when you have specific questions which you can't find the answers for, feel free to ask here.

Cheers & welcome.

Good, then proceed with the installation. I recommend getting JaS 10.4.8 if you'd like to go down this route, as it fits to Intel processors quite well. We are not at judgment to tell you where to get this package, and nor can we tell you how it works.

During the installation of JaS, you'll be asked about which packages you'd like to install. Only select the ones pertaining to the following for your system:

- JaS Intel Package

- Under "Common Hardware" or something of that sort, select the one package relating to Intel.

Also, make sure you're using a partition that is at least 5GB. That is the minimum if you follow all of my suggestions.

If you have any issues post-installation, I'll be willing to assist you there as well. Good luck.

Alright well, I'll download that JaS thing and when I burn it what do I do? Do I just stick it back into the CD Drive and it will proceed with the installion? Or do I need to restart the PC and press alot of buttons?

Also, how would I partition 5 gigs? Do I need to do this before I try and install JaS?

Also 1 more thing, With paritioning stuff off, if you choose to boot off the mac or windows, do either one of them run slow? Is it basically like a full Mac? I would get all the installtions of mac to put the programs on?

Will all my video card and sound drivers work and all?