Connecting Wirelessly to WIN network

Aslanov

4 posts in this topic

alrite, here's the skinny

I can connect to the network with my mac with an ethernet cable no problem, but now im going into university and waht a wireless card. so i got the D-Link DWL-G122. Found the RT73W USB utility/driver for the Mac OS X 10.4, installed it. The utility detects my card, and detects the network i want to connect to. so I connect to the network with the WEP key, after about 20 seconds, it disconnects, and thats all it does. i know the network isnt the problem because i also connected to some other local networks that dont have a key and the same thing happened, connected, then disconnects completely. I really need to get this working quickly, can anyone PLEASE help?

this is RIDICULOUS.

i have needed so much help with my hackintosh, which btwi still havent been able to install properly, i've made at least 5 threads in total in different places with different problems, and havent gotten a single response. i dont understand how NOONE has an answer.

I can connect to the network with my mac with an ethernet cable no problem, but now im going into university and waht a wireless card. so i got the D-Link DWL-G122. Found the RT73W USB utility/driver for the Mac OS X 10.4, installed it. The utility detects my card, and detects the network i want to connect to. so I connect to the network with the WEP key, after about 20 seconds, it disconnects, and thats all it does. i know the network isnt the problem because i also connected to some other local networks that dont have a key and the same thing happened, connected, then disconnects completely. I really need to get this working quickly, can anyone PLEASE help?

I've installed Uphuck 10.4.9 and am forced to use that same USB stick, since it won't recognize the internal wifi device (intel 3945). I have no problem with it. it stays connected for as long as I need. I used to have problems with it on an older machine running XP.

one thing though - which I think has to do with the app, I can't seem to connect to printers etc. that I have on that LAN. just internet. I managed to connect to them once, but didn't get to print (even after installing samba support).

try Uphucks latest. am not much of a hacker, so I can't help you beyond that.

QUOTE(Aslanov @ Aug 8 2007, 05:22 PM)

For whatever reasons, D-Link saw fit to hold back their OS X drivers for the G122 54G USB dongle. The DWL-G122, however, uses a Ralink Technology 2500 series chipset. Just go to their Support page, and download the 2500 series USB Mac driver package. Install, plug it in, and you're done. You should get a notice telling you there is a new network interface when you go to your network settings. Select it in the second drop-down menu and configure it, and the dongle will then be added to the interface list.

One more important note: If you are using this on a system that already has a wireless card, like Airport Express, DO NOT RUN THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. Two antennas that close to each other (less than 50cm) can actually cause damage to the cards. Turn off Airport when you're running the D-Link, unplug the D-Link when you're using the Airport.

Use Google - there are lots of answers on the internet.