Foxconn 945G7MA-8KS2H JaS 10.4.8 Itel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Valpocade

1 post in this topic

Hello I am pretty new to this OS X on the X86 Platform gig. Anyway I found a very affordable motherboard online the Foxconn 945G7MA-8KS2H and I bought it specifically because it has the Intel GMA 950 onboard video. I successfully went through the JaS 10.4.8 installation but it runs with the white Apple screen and the little spinning Icon and then it just freezes. So then I ran with the switch -v and watched it get to a point where it says no driver ACPI. i tried to boot -x and it booted up fine. Of course in safe mode nothing works. I tried to disable ACPI in the bios of my board with the same results, I also tried the platform=x86pc and -non acpi and platform=acpi all wioth no luck. I'm stuck I dont know what to do next, is there like a ACPI kext I can edit or am I just out of luck with this board? I am running a Celeron D 347 3.06 GHz with SSE3 support aand 512 MB of DDR2 PC4200 533 Ram. I dont know if this matters but I am using a very weak power supply 240 watts in a inwin mAtx mini case, I figured it would be fine since I am using all onboard components. To say the least I was excited when my motherboard arrived yetsrerday but ultimately frustrated by the outcome. This is my second install and with the help of this site I was able to make a perfect install on my Core Duo Dell Inspiron E1705 and I have hopes that I might work around on this one. I guess if it is a lost cause I will sell the board on eBay and start from scratch. Any recommendations on the perfect board for a OSx86 desktop? Thanks :rolleyes:I'm sorry I am so new to this I think I have posted this in the totally wrong area :)