934GML laptop chipset, plus desktop success

4 posts in this topic

Hey all, this is my first post. First and foremost I'd like to say thanks to all of you that provide support, especially the likes of uphuck, JaS, Taruga (sp?), etc.

The good news is that I have my desktop is a PERFECTLY setup hackintosh under JaS 10.4.8. Here are the specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (detected perfectly)

nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCI-e 128mb (works perfectly with included nv40 drivers)

MSI K9VGM-V Socket AM2 motherboard

ALC 883 onboard sound (thanks to Taruga)

VIA Rhine onboard LAN (thanks to someone on here, forget who)

montior that is supporting 1280x1024@60Hz

All that works... hell, it even goes gaming as well and Windows! (when OSX binaries exist) I love it... unfortunately I haven't gotten Crossover Mac to work great yet, but I'm trying--once I do get it going(hopefully), I will probably not go back to Windows. :P:(

Now the bad news... I have a Gateway MT6705 laptop and I cannot get the sound to work for the life of me. However, I did get the wireless NIC (onboard RTL8187L) thanks to Realtek's site. I can see under the audio section under "More Info..." under "About This Mac..." (thats confusing) that it says "Intel High Definition Audio" but I can't seem to get anywhere on this forum with it. The chipset on the board has the GMA950 VGA adapter (which works with provided drivers, even detecting my 1280x800 resolution), and everything else is under the Intel 943GML chipset.

Anybody have any luck with this? Or any directions to point me? Thanks in advance!

E-werd

• 2 months later...