Unofficial Uphuck v1.4a 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

sultanoswing

3 posts in this topic

I thought I'd start a thread just for us AMD folks, since the 1.4i crowd already have a long and excellent thread, and I see several, disorganised offshoot threads starting to discuss the 1.4a release.

Firstly, many, many thanks to uphuck and the maintainers of the Insanely Mac site (since its OSx86 days too).

Secondly, it's been almost a year since I tried a Hackintosh install. Previously couldn't get QE running on my NVIDIA 6600GT, 'About This Mac' crashed as did iTunes preferences (all using JaS 10.4.6). Aside from the odd visit to macvidia to check progress, I'd pretty much left things to 'mature' and I'm thrilled to see there has been great progress, as all of the above issues are now solved (at least on my rig).

Gear:

Gigabyte GA-K8NS (Nforce 3) w/on-board sound and LAN

AMD64 3000+ (SSE2)

Geforce 6600GT

SB Live!

Working (out of the box):

On-board sound

QE/QI

Not-working:

On-board LAN

Overall, a fast, flawless installation from DVD boot through to desktop - now I just need to reinstall that old 8139 NIC I have lying about somewhere!

• Like 1

That's good idea to start AMD thread, and, I hope to solve my problem.

I have:

EPoX EP-9NPAJ (nForce4), AC97 and nVidia LAN on board

AMD64 3200+

Radeon X700

I've tried to set up Uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.3, JaS 10.4.8, and, today, Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4a -- and yet I haven't got any working result :D

JaS in verbose and normal mode got stuck on boot process, displaying Mac logo and loading indicator (about 15 minutes without any changes), Uphuck's distros behave in the same way. In verbose mode sometimes it got stuck on mounting /Volume.

I tried install in the following configurations:

1) IDE Samsung HDD (Primary master) + IDE NEC DVD (Primary slave)

2) IDE Hitachi HDD (PM) + NEC (PS)

Maybe my IDE HDD cause problems, or my MB is incompatible with any kind of installation... or my Radeon?

--

With Hope ^)

• 4 months later...
I thought I'd start a thread just for us AMD folks, since the 1.4i crowd already have a long and excellent thread, and I see several, disorganised offshoot threads starting to discuss the 1.4a release.

Firstly, many, many thanks to uphuck and the maintainers of the Insanely Mac site (since its OSx86 days too).

Secondly, it's been almost a year since I tried a Hackintosh install. Previously couldn't get QE running on my NVIDIA 6600GT, 'About This Mac' crashed as did iTunes preferences (all using JaS 10.4.6). Aside from the odd visit to macvidia to check progress, I'd pretty much left things to 'mature' and I'm thrilled to see there has been great progress, as all of the above issues are now solved (at least on my rig).

Gear:

Gigabyte GA-K8NS (Nforce 3) w/on-board sound and LAN

AMD64 3000+ (SSE2)

Geforce 6600GT

SB Live!

Working (out of the box):

On-board sound

QE/QI

Not-working:

On-board LAN

Overall, a fast, flawless installation from DVD boot through to desktop - now I just need to reinstall that old 8139 NIC I have lying about somewhere!

Hey Bro...how did you get the ALC850 sound working? A buddy has a MSI Intel board that uses the ALC850 chip for sound and he can't get sound to work.

A reply would be appreciated.