"/com.apple.boot.plist" after install! Help!

Bluejacky

9 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'm new here.

I have boot problem after install!! :unsure:

My hardware is shown as my signiture.

I use 10.4.9 V1.3 to install.

Did some setting in bios:

Sata Raid/Achi Mode [Disabled]

Sata Port0-3 Native mode [Disabled]

Onboard SATA/IDE Device [Enable]

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode [ACHI]

Then boot by 10.4.9 1.3 DVD, and begin to install. :unsure:

I did not select any SATA driver in customer install setting. (Do I need to select something here? Noyhing match with ICH9)

After install, reboot, but never boot. If leave dvd in , it will shows "/com.apple.boot.plist can't find."

Or nothing happen without dvd in drive. :wacko:

Any one can help me? Thanks a lot!

hey dude. whats up. I recently installed it on my GA-P35-DS3P. It worked...

make sure your SATA drive is hooked up on the YELLOW SATA-0 connector. Intel ICH9 :unsure:

Now lets get to the fun part.

My settings:

"The first 2 settings are for the SOUTH BRIDGE. The yellow SATA Connectors."

"INTEL ICH9R SOUTH BRIDGE"

SATA RAID/AHCI [ENABLED]

SATA PORT 0-3 NATIVE MODE [ENABLED]

"The lower settings are for the purple SATA and IDE connectors"

Onboard SATA/IDE Device: [ENABLED]

Onboard SATA/IDEL Ctrl MODE: [AHCI]

Try to booting up after you have changed the settings to the ones like mine...

hey dude. whats up. I recently installed it on my GA-P35-DS3P. It worked... make sure your SATA drive is hooked up on the YELLOW SATA-0 connector. Intel ICH9 :D Now lets get to the fun part.My settings: "The first 2 settings are for the SOUTH BRIDGE. The yellow SATA Connectors.""INTEL ICH9R SOUTH BRIDGE"SATA RAID/AHCI [ENABLED]SATA PORT 0-3 NATIVE MODE [ENABLED]"The lower settings are for the purple SATA and IDE connectors"Onboard SATA/IDE Device: [ENABLED]Onboard SATA/IDEL Ctrl MODE: [AHCI]Try to booting up after you have changed the settings to the ones like mine...

Hi, mate. Thank you so much for your reply.

I did try the setting like yours, only the first one as below.

SATA RAID/AHCI [ACHI] (Disable/ACHI/RAID)

And I have put the hard drive on yellow SATAII 0.

But, still don't boot. :) Any thing else I can do? Any one help me!

I read some post. They say "make sure the HD and DVD use same controller"Is that mean, I must have SATA DVD work with SATA HD or IDE DVD with IDE HD???Any answer about this ??

TheCoolNerds' settings will probably work best for you, but the error you're getting doesn't have to do with the settings. If the install worked and you aren't able to boot from your hard drive (I think that's what you're saying) it's probably your partition. The partition must be a primary partition, set to boot, and in mbr mode...not guid mode. This is the most common cause of that error...mbr vs. guid. Check it out in disk utility on your install disk. Good luck.

TheCoolNerds' settings will probably work best for you, but the error you're getting doesn't have to do with the settings. If the install worked and you aren't able to boot from your hard drive (I think that's what you're saying) it's probably your partition. The partition must be a primary partition, set to boot, and in mbr mode...not guid mode. This is the most common cause of that error...mbr vs. guid. Check it out in disk utility on your install disk. Good luck.

Thank you, I will try it and get back .

Good News and bad news!!It begin to boot and stop on the grey apple.I redo the partition after boot from Install DVD, set it to MBP as you said.It begin to boot after install, but stop on the Grey Apple Screen.What should I do? :wacko:Boot with -v -f, and the system stop at the information shown as follow:

localhost /system/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Support/ATSServer:(-1) Cannot use ATS Persistent Store switching to old FODB cache code

What does it mean?? What is "ATS" ? :D

Hi All

I'm back with good news. I reinstall the Mac OS X from VMware, smoothly installed without any drivers select.

Reboot the system, then I saw the lovly blue background. Install success!! :D

Got some experience:

1. DVD burning is very important. I can't install successfully just because the DVD has some problems.

2. If you use SATA HD, must set it in AHCI mode in your bios. Without this setting, My 500GB SATA is recognized 128GB only.

Now I begin to test the drivers.

1. Net - Realtek 8111B not work now. :P (have tried R1000.kext)

2. Audio - Realtek AL889A not work now. :D

3. GraphicCard - SAPPHIRE 2600XT is not recognized. :wacko:

Anyone have any experience on this MB and GraphicCard, Please Help Me. Thanks a lot.

• 1 year later...