Why is this happening to me?

Aslanov

2 posts in this topic

and no body seems to have the answer. can someone PLZ help me, im getting so frustrated by this, i jsut want my hackintosh to work!

Here is what i have done thus far.

Installed mac os x 10.4.8 with VMware

after that i tried booting the hard disk it self, i get the Grey screen with the apple logo and the loading circle then i get a message saying i have to reboot

then i try setting the drive active through the Terminal, which seemed to work

but for omse reason vista still boots itself

then i try booting form the hard drive again, i get the same reboot message.

do i ALWAYS ahve to use VMware to run OS X now? why can't i just boot off the disk after installing it with VMware?

Do this:

Go to the green demon or pirate bay and download the latest uphuck dvd iso. Use this to install OS X on your computer. The easiest way to achieve success is to take out any hard drives in your computer and then put in a blank hard drive that will be the location of your os x install and set it as the master drive. Install to that and make sure you can boot into the os and that everything works the way you want it to. Then put in your windows drive and set it as the slave drive. Usually newer bioses will have a keyboard shortcut to select the boot device. ( usually F11, F12 or F9 and sometimes ESC ) If you want to boot to windows just select the drive it is on to boot to it. Same with os x. If you knew more about computers you could add a ext2 partition of about 50 MB to one of your drives and install the grub bootloader onto it so you have a graphical way to boot each os.