Help with Gforce nvidia 4200ti Driver/Kext

Plucka

6 posts in this topic

Core image requires Open GL Shader Command support in the GPU. Quartz Extreme also depends on the Open GL capabilities of the GPU. Unfortunately, to the extent that I am aware, this GPU does not meet these qualifications. It will not be possible to enable either of these features with this card.

Additionaly, for your information. SSE2 is a CPU instruction set and has nothing to do with the enabling of GPU hardware acceleration.

Stevo

Will work with QE only (card is too old for CI) with the latest nvidiaEFI driver located on the macvidia forums Here Add device id to nvdaresman, nvdanv20hal, and geforce. Your internal screen will probably not work though. Use an external monitor.

-cm

Thanks for your replies, I dont quite understand what the meaning of internal or external monitor is, could you elaborate on it for me? I have followed the link to macvidia, again I dont quite understand how to impliment this driver?

Thank you for any help you may have for me, cheers Plucka

PS would it be better to just replace my card with a 76ooGS for instance? :)

Thanks for your replies, I dont quite understand what the meaning of internal or external monitor is, could you elaborate on it for me? I have followed the link to macvidia, again I dont quite understand how to impliment this driver?

Thank you for any help you may have for me, cheers Plucka

PS would it be better to just replace my card with a 76ooGS for instance? :D

I'm sorry i thought you had a laptop. Never mind about the external and internal monitor. You should be able to get QE by entering your device id in the form 0xXXXX10de (XXXX being your card's device id) into the plists of Geforce.kext, Nvdaresman.kext and NvdaNV20Hal.kext into the IOPCImatch string. (replacing everything in the string with just that.) For example, if your dev id was 1234, it would look like:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x123410de</string>

Put that in each of those files, put nvidiaEFI in extensions folder, chown -R root:wheel and chmod -R 755 each file in terminal.

Reboot.

Sorry about the confusion.