Is there a 10.4.10 AMD SSE2 update package?

jbellanca

4 posts in this topic

So, does anyone know of an update package for AMD SSE2 to 10.4.10? So far, I havn't had any luck upgrading and haven't seen anyone online with this setup who's on 10.4.10. If anyone's upgraded this way, respond here and let the rest of us know how! Thanks.

What version are you running? Are you running 10.4.7 or earlier or 10.4.8 or later? Do you know what kernel?

I'm currently installed with 10.4.9 using Uphuck's latest 1.4A dvd... not sure which kernel offhand that one uses (universal 3 maybe?). I have used his 1.3 dvd in the past and used both the universal v3 and AMD kernels, so I know they both work on my machine, even though I couldn't seem to upgrade with any of them. I'd be willing to install whatever version would allow me to upgrade. I've tried upgrading the manual way by copying the mach_kernel, loginwindow and kext's out, then upgrading, then copying it back, but I always get a kernel panic with ACPI. One time I got that fixed when I tried koolkal's intel patch (long shot, I know), but then loginwindow was giving me problems and no version of it would fix it. (BTW - koolkal's update never finished for me - it just hangs at about 95% comlete forever.) Any help upgrading at all would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a post I found about someone trying to do the same thing, called Nomade. He runs sse2 amd as well. Best I could do..

Hi Everyone,

Now it's been about 2 weeks that i run 10.4.10 on my AMD@home. The first week gave me lot's of trouble so last weekend i decided to take care of those problems.

Fortunatly i have 2 OSX partitions on my primary disk, which allow me to keep one system live and play with the second until it works.

1-Well, first I decided to mirror both partition to have a starting point, then upgrade again to 10.4.10

Problems: CarbonCoreLib still there, so no use

2- Reinstall 10.4.9 from backup

Same as #1

3- Reinstall 10.4.8 from backup

Same as #1

4- Reinstall 10.4.8 from JaS DVD, then upgrade to 10.4.9

Worked, but Epson RX580 still not fully operational, iCal still crash, and few minor problems.

5- Reinstall 10.4.8 from JaS DVD then updraded directly to 10.4.10

Worked, Epson is partially operational, Scanner works, EasyPrintDriver still not good. Actually the printer start printing then stop at 10% - 50% of the page and stay in "Printing" mode but do nothing... CUPS printing works great except alignment on CD/DVD cover.

LightScribe does not work. My drive is on an external USB/Firewire combo case, i have tried both and when i try to print, it first recognize the drive as a lightscribe, then i get an error that the drive might be in use by another app or non existant...

I really suspect that the USB-EHCI is tottaly broken in 10.4.10, or the kernel, or some kext...

But again, if that would be the source of my problems, then the Lightscribe should still work in FireWire??? humm

Anyway, for now I will keep that partition on 10.4.10 and "downgrade" my second partition to 10.4.9 where all of that was running fine.

Hope those problems get fixed soon... i'm sure i'm not the only one with a full running system with problems/exceptions like this.