Install process Stuck at "Kernel Version"

macfan45

11 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been having problems installing Mac Os X on an Acer Aspire 3000. The processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron Processsor 2800+ (1.6GHz) and has 256 MB of RAM. At first, I had gotten the message "waiting for root device" but rd-disk0s1 fixed that. Now it passes everything up until it states

"Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386"

I left it on this screen for about 20 minutes and nothing changed. I have no clue what I should do. Currently I am using the disk "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso" to install Mac Os X and have successfully used this disk to install onto Intel chipsets. I have never done this with an AMD processor. Could someone please help me. Thanks in advanced!

I've been having the exact same problem with my centrino laptop using both "Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS)" and "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso"

I read somewhere that changing bios settings can help (removing power management), but my bios is limited in what it can change, so that option is out for me. anybody else have this problem and find a fix for it?

Laptop Specs: Toshiba M35, Pentium M 1.4Ghz (Banias) capabilities: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 768 ram, Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 32MB. Original Partition: Win XP Home SP2.

same problem with the same laptop with me :rolleyes: Does it even work on it?

I had used CPU-Z to check the motherboard instructions and the processor/motherboard does support sse2 so I assume that it would work. I am just so confused. My disk (JaS) worked fine on intel machines. I have no clue why it won't work on this AMD chipset.

As an update,

I had tried to see what would happen if I booted a disk on a processor that has sse. In this case, it was an intel machine, a machine I know I have installed on. Funny thing is, I got the same exact situation. Loads the DVD fine up until "Kernel Version". What does this mean? Even though the AMD processor states that it can calculate sse2 processes, in actually does it not? Somebody please help. Thanks

OSX will not install on the Aspire 3000 because of the SiS graphics chipset it has.

Thanks a bunch Thi3f! I thought I saw something that said SiS graphics were a problem, but I didn't think that graphics would matter for just booting the Live DVD. Well this was for my friend anyway. ;) Well atleast this will make him buy a mac.

• 4 months later...

Been searching forever, well five days, why not even a single image (tubgirl, xxx, kalyway) won't work on my aspire 3000. Then it dawned on me why I didn't search for my laptop on the forum and voila! here's the *censored*-forsaken answer.

Well, sad sad me, can't it to work then. Ahh...mommy, can I get a Macbook? ;)

Thanks for the answer Thi3f.

• 1 year later...
OSX will not install on the Aspire 3000 because of the SiS graphics chipset it has.

It will, as I have installed IPC OSX86 10.5.6 Universal Final on my Acer Aspire 3000.

The only problem I'm having is getting it to recognise the wireless card which it does on one boot and not the next?