Trying to get onboard ATI 1250 to work for budjet system!

4 posts in this topic

Everything else seems to be working so far except my damn onboard ATI 1250 video card. I have a AMD x2 64 3800+ on a Jetway AM2 board that has onboard ATI 1250 video. Chipset on the MOBO is AMD 690v and AMD 690G.

Should I just go get a 7600GT as I am not a gamer, or get the newer ATI 1900 series or can I use a ATI 1950?

I have been reading for over a week to find the most reliable setup and realize you all will say the AMD is not that, so is it really worht 500-600 to get the B Axe 2 MOBO and and Q6600 Core 2 duo QUAD?

Or should I just get like a 7300gt or 7600gt video card and be happy for now?

Thanks for the help in advance, been out of the MAC world for some years and getting back in hardcore. Been in IT for nearly 14 years too from a grunt all the way to the IT Admin for a fortune 500 company too if that helps you all to understand my knowledge slightly.

Personally, I'd just go and buy a 256MB 7300 or 7600GT. They're fairly cheap and work flawlessly.

Badaxe2 and Quad? That's what I've got and I'm very happy with it. To answer if it's *worth* it... that's a much harder question.

There are other much less expensive motherboards which do the job just fine. The BX2 seems to be widely considered a rock-solid solution, but I do have to question the value for money. You'd be pushed to find another workstation-class board which costs as much. That said I'd probaly buy another one if I were doing it all again.

Check out some of Diabolik's threads I think he's built a lot of machines with cheaper MB's and had everything working.

Sounds like a plan and that is what i had been thinking also! Wishing I had bought the Intel instead of the AMD even though it is recognizd as this board and all is weak! Seems to work so far except onboard video.

Jared

• 2 months later...

according to following link, it's RadeonHD driver business

http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2007-12/msg00056.html

(II) PCI: 01:05:0: chip 1002,7942 card 144d,c511 rev 00 class 03,00,00 hdr 00

(II) RADEONHD: X driver for the following AMD GPG (ATI) graphics devices:

RS690 : Radeon X1200.

simplified replacement PCI ID inside ATIRadeonX2000.kext made it loading and

working with this board (with mouse hiding artifact), and with some error messages:

ATIRadeonX2000:

Version: 1.5.4

Last Modified: 8/29/07 2:11 AM

Get Info String: ATIRadeonX2000 1.5.4.9 (4676)

kext Version: 5.0.4

Load Address: 0x2c909000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kernel.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.unsupported: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified