Can any plug-in Serial ATA Host Controller work as boot device?

4 posts in this topic

Boys, is any one can give me clear answer. Is it possible to use any SATA host adapter (Rocket RAID 2310,Sonnet Tempo E4i) as SATA controller and boot device. Just plug in SATA HD and install OSx86 on it. Hardware solution for SATA problem Mac OSx86. Asus P5KC motherboard. Many Thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

Boys, is any one can give me clear answer. Is it possible to use any SATA host adapter (Rocket RAID 2310,Sonnet Tempo E4i) as SATA controller and boot device. Just plug in SATA HD and install OSx86 on it. Hardware solution for SATA problem Mac OSx86. Asus P5KC motherboard. Many Thanks. :(

I can't answer you but I would be happy to know too :)

Boys, is any one can give me clear answer. Is it possible to use any SATA host adapter (Rocket RAID 2310,Sonnet Tempo E4i) as SATA controller and boot device. Just plug in SATA HD and install OSx86 on it. Hardware solution for SATA problem Mac OSx86. Asus P5KC motherboard. Many Thanks. :robot:

I take it you've got the same lack-of-AHCI-option-in-newer-bioses problem as I've got with my plain P5K? There is also a JMicron SATA controller on the P5K which you might try, didn't work for me though.

Check out this thread - looks like you should be on the lookout for controllers with Silicon Image 3114 or 3514 chipsets: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=21552.