Can't Boot Up While on Battery Power!

4 posts in this topic

I have installed many os x versions on my laptop and they have all suffered from this same problem, currently I am running the latest version 10.4.10 and I have gotten a number of things working on it including sleep. When I try to boot the computer on battery power it gets to the gray loading screen but no roating load logo appears and no hard drive access occurs... ever. if I boot in verbose mode it seems that all has loaded correctly in terms of kexts, the part where it just stops accessing the hard drive is right after (I'm recalling this from memory) something about acpci is loaded which I believe has something to do with the processer but I could be wrong. Has anybody else had this problem? In case by some far off chance that it's a graphics problem (it wouldn't suprise me) I'm running on a gma950. Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Forgot to mention just in case it's throwing some people off it boots and everything works fine if I start it on AC Power, I can even remove the power soon after that acpci setting loads which is why I think it's something to do with that. Also, my processor is a Intel Core Duo and yes it is correctly displayed through about this mac and such

Okay all I just wanted to post that I fixed the problem on my own, turns out that it was related to the processor and what the bios reports at startup as the processor speed. if you simply add "idlehalt=0" under the Kernel Flags section of com.apple.boot.plist it seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe somebody can toss this into a quick fixes section.