iTunes update to 7.3 breaks MacOSX Hackintosh with 10.4.4

djinnii

2 posts in this topic

Have a Fujitsu Scenic E700 and managed to install the Myz 10.4.4 OSX on it many months ago. Tried various other variations, like that JaS 10.4.6 and 10.4.8 but nothing else worked - I suspect for 2 main reasons: some kernels wouldn't boot and I put that down to SSE3 required when I don't have it; otherwise those that did work didn't recognize my 250Gb hard drive - the kernels only appeared to support 128Gb of it, which I believe was the cause for it not booting after the install. The Myz 10.4.4 package worked great and it's certainly good enough until I can afford to buy a Mac Mini.

That's the background. So everything now works with 10.4.4 and I don't wanna upgrade the core of the system. But then I went to install the update of iTunes to 7.3+ and it broke iTunes!!! The reported error message was: ""iTunes requires Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later. For more information on upgrading your computer, visit www.apple.com/macosx". Not much use to me!

I found the easy solution: downgrade to iTunes 7.2. But where can I get it? After searching google, evolt and torrent sites, I eventually figured out how to find it by looking for the partial URL and found the following link:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/co...inb4/iTunes.dmg

I hope this helps others.

Hi djinnii:

Thanks for the link previous iTunes 7.2. I made backup archive of iTunes 6.0.2 application and library before upgrading to iTunes 7 (so I can roll back to previous version). I installed on my OSx86 PC at work, and it works great!

I'm currently using iTunes 7.1.x with Myzar OSx86 10.4.6 on my Home PC as well.

I've had similar issues with newer versions of OSx86. I tried Jas 10.4.8 and Uphuck 10.4.9 without much success. I started with 10.4.4 and then 10.4.5 and finally 10.4.6.

--danyel :D