Weird Parallels install problem [solved]

supernov

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I recently bought Parallels, since it's performing very well on my rig. However, I ran into a strange problem; although I completely remove (also more by hand after the actual de-install process) Parallels and re-install it, the problem persists.

Problem: When trying to make a new virtual machine, I go through the installation procedure, but am unable to start the process by clicking finish. The button simply won't respond. Going back is possible, no freezes or whatever, but no going forward! Anyone who knows the problem and has a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

I use Parallels pretty regularly and have installed and uninstalled it several times without this problem, both on my Mac Pro and my Hackintosh. Can you list the exact steps you take to uninstall and re-install. I'll check out if it's repeatable on my system (I have plenty of images of my system at various states so I'm not worried about messing anything up).

Ok, solved it. :blink: Seems to happen a lot when you leave a question overhere. I just realised that I had to select "ignore ownership" on the disc I was trying to make the machine on. I'm sure I tried that before, but probably had to rerun the program itself as well.

Thanks for your respons anyway!