update?

HumanTorch

3 posts in this topic

so i installed fine, had the hang at blue screen due to my intel gma 915/910 card

so i plugged in an external monitor and everything worked fine, booted to os x,, everything looked great

software update ran and installed 4 things i think it was itunes, quicktime, something else, and then the last was called "osx on intel" or something along those lines

i shut down and restarted and now when i choose osx from darwin boot loader it just flashes the screen and nothing happens (similar to when i had installed w/o a kernal (im a n00b))

so did the update damage the files, is it not possible to update osx when running it on an intel i guess?

thanks in advance

edit: oh yea i also installed the intel 2200 b/g wireless drivers, but i dont see how that would have messed things up

Something you're gonna have to get used to if you wanna run a hacked version of the operating system - DON'T run the software update willy-nilly. You CANNOT allow the OS to be updated without special massaging. Quicktime is one thing - OS update is something else entirely, and a BIG no no.

And YES, it is possible to run software OS Updates on an Intel- but it has to be one made by Apple.

Patrick