Installing uphuck or any released x86 package /com.apple/boot.plist

Paetrick

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, i know that the "/com.apple/boot.plist is not found" is a known problem, which requires you to have a SATA-DVDrom - correct?, and if you don't you need to patch the iso -correct?

The thing is, I've tried everyting (except the SATA dvdrom), in the latest uphuck the patches are included for the VM-P5B motherboards but it still wont work, same old problem <- the thing is, it works with vmware on the same computer, so it can't be anything wrong with the hardware ? or can it?

As the os is "too slow" under vmware, I'm wondering if you guys have any better idea for me to ger x86 working on my pc? //Can't try with a Sata dvdrom

As said above, I've tried many different releases and patches and I have indeed searched for it here on isanelyMac and found many great answers, but it just wont work for me...

So is there anything i could try that you guys think I've missed? !, Thanks !

By the way: I've read that you are able to try different kernels with the uphuck version, but where do it choose the kernels? :S

Paetrick, that 'not found' error doesn't have anything to do with your install disk. It has to do with your OSX partition. While installing, when you get to the screen where you can open disk utilities, highlight the drive you want for OSX, click on partition, and in options, choose Master Boot Record (MBR) and not GUID. Then proceed with the partitioning process. The install should go smoothly from there and you should no longer see that error message. Hope this helps.

Paetrick, that 'not found' error doesn't have anything to do with your install disk. It has to do with your OSX partition. While installing, when you get to the screen where you can open disk utilities, highlight the drive you want for OSX, click on partition, and in options, choose Master Boot Record (MBR) and not GUID. Then proceed with the partitioning process. The install should go smoothly from there and you should no longer see that error message. Hope this helps.

Oh i think u've missunderstood, the message comes when i boot the dvd (directly when it tries to read the dvd in the computer start), it doesn't let me get to the install screen.

Picture ->

post-119866-1185281022_thumb.jpg

Hi there, I tried installing Mac os x trough Vmware on a real partition this time, I got trough the installation and the partition is now in the right format i guess as it's not viewable in XP. But when i rebooted the computer (the real one not the emulated os x ) i can't start the os (mac os x that i just installation on a real partition. But i thought that i could start os x WITHOUT vmware when i installed in on a real partition - I read wrong or what?

I have an ATA dvd drive, which installed the release fine. But when i try to boot, if the cd is not in the drive, it will do nothing. If the cd is in the drive, and i let it time out, it will give me the com.apple.boot.plist error. Do i just need sata drivers to make it run?