No GUI - blue "aqua" screen with cursor and music....

fLUx1337

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm having a problem, I have installed OSX fine, setup the boot menu, currently have dual boot with Vista...

It boots up, plays the music that you get in OSX before you have made an account - but gets stuck! I have a blue aqua screen, with a working corsor..... :(

Also, if I press the power button on my PC, it shows the "Before you Begin...." screen -- but then of course goes to sleep or whatever!

Anyone know whats wrong? Everything so far is working - image, sound, keyboard, mouse.....but its useless if I cant see the GUI! :blink:

Cheers!!! :D

fLUx

OK, learned that its proberly due to my gpu - x1950pro.......the login window fails to load....

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried '-x', '-v', '-s' & '-x -v', but I never get anything more than the aqua screen, a cursor, and if I'm lucky, the rainbow cursor for a few seconds...

Really need help, ready to give up for now, its just not happening! :(

I will continue to look for solutions till I get some replys! :D

Thanks!

fLUx

I think there are methods to get your card working. If you did install with any drivers, reinstall without using any. Also, check the wiki.

ok, will do, thanks! :D

I know its a problem with my gpu though, as I have a onboard gpu on my motherboard, which works fine, login window starts and everything, but I need my 1950pro (AGP) so when I get back to Windows, I can play games - without having to open my case, put the gpu in, etc...ect...etc...

Gonna watch some TV now, so will see if I can get it to work later...

Also my SATA doesnt work, or firewire, so I've gotta get that sorted too! :(

Right, reinstalled without picking any drivers - got it working! :P Well, only at 1024x768! :)

So how do I get a higher res to work? (i.e. 1360x768)

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to get QE/CI working? I know theirs no current fix for it, but has it been classed as not possible, or just hasnt been done yet?

Thanks for any help, really want to get this working! :D

fLUx