Installed fine but will not boot now

grizaptimus

7 posts in this topic

In the past I have had several sucsessful installs of OSX86 on my hackintosh (JaS 10.4.7/10.4.8). I wanted to do a clean install so I downloaded the "Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3" torrent off the demon. the burn and install went perfectly,but when I rebooted after the install It would not progress after the POST screen. After some troubleshooting I have figured out that the computer will not getpast the POST screen if the HD I installed OSX86 on is connected to the computer. I get the POST beep but cannot get into the BIOS menu. Also forsome reson it seems to have reset my CMOS.

My Hackintosh has the following components:

Mobo: Foxxconn 945P7AA-8EKRS2

Proc: Pentium D 950

RAM: 2GB Corsair PC2-800 (2x - 1GB)

Vid Card: HIS Radeon X1800 GTO

HD: 74GB Western Digital Raptor

If anyone can help I would be most thankful!!

First, try changing your CMOS battery. Also, is Mac OS the only operating system on your computer? If not, you may want to try a bootloader, and see if that changes anything.

What I did when I instelled OSX was I went into Disk Utility and went to the Erase Tab. I did not see any options for MBR or GUID onlyfor security options. I cannot go back in to reformat it because the system no hangs before any boot loader would even start to load. If SATA is hot swapable I could try to hook it up after I get it to boot off DVD.

well thanks for your help... I was able to get it working and get OSX reinsalled... but then a most improbable accident happened , now at the very least the Mobo and Powersupply is fried. sigh wish the wife would look where she is gowing when she is mad...

thanks agian for your help