DVD's don't boot on my laptop.

Bob The Monkey

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been having a problem with my laptop while installing MacOSx86. I put the disc in, use the toshiba boot utility thing to boot from dvd-drive and it refuses to boot, instead booting into windows. Once in windows I can access the CDFS sector of the disc like on any other computer.

I know it's not a problem with the disc as it has booted on every other computer in my house (4 desktops and another laptop).

I'm fairly sure its not a problem with what I'm doing as I can get it to boot off any CD-ROM bootable media. Only DVD's won't boot.

I've upgraded both the BIOS on the laptop and the firmware on the drive to no avail, still won't boot.

So, what I want to know is: Is there any way to make a pre-boot cd or something that contains just the neccessary files to boot the installer and then change it over for the install DVD?

A boot floppy similar to the ones used to install windows in the good old days would also work I think. I just don't know how to do it. :jester:

Ideas?

Thanks. You seem to have underestimated me though. :jester:

That was about the second thing I checked and it was already set up to boot from CD first.

The problem is that it won't boot off ANY DVD's but it can boot from CD's fine.

Thus I need some form of boot CD or floppy to jumpstart the install.