Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Audio Problems

2 posts in this topic

I've recently upgraded to 10.4.8, via JaS' SSE2/SSE3 DVD, and most everything went smoothly. I even managed to get my Netgear WG311T adapter working just fine, by following a couple of the guides here. I have to say that, while I'm new to the experience, I like MacOS X much better than Windows.

One thing that I am having trouble getting to work, though, is my audio. I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. Through my research here, I figured out that the card is AC97-compatible, so I followed this guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...t_Patching_List. I successfully completed it, insofar that the IntelICH kext was ultimately loaded; and then I cleared the cache files, and restarted the computer. But nothing changed with my sound options within the System Preferences panel. I'm not sure what I've done wrong

I put my device ID of 0x60031013 within the NVidia audio section of the kext -- as the first entry. Does the device ID need to be somewhere else, maybe? Am I just going about this the wrong way entirely? Or is doing this not even possible? Is there more within the NVidia section that I have to modify?

If anyone else needs any more information, just let me know. I'll be appreciative of any advice anyone can give me. Thank you for your time.

I've recently upgraded to 10.4.8, via JaS' SSE2/SSE3 DVD, and most everything went smoothly. I even managed to get my Netgear WG311T adapter working just fine, by following a couple of the guides here. I have to say that, while I'm new to the experience, I like MacOS X much better than Windows.

One thing that I am having trouble getting to work, though, is my audio. I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. Through my research here, I figured out that the card is AC97-compatible, so I followed this guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...t_Patching_List. I successfully completed it, insofar that the IntelICH kext was ultimately loaded; and then I cleared the cache files, and restarted the computer. But nothing changed with my sound options within the System Preferences panel. I'm not sure what I've done wrong

I put my device ID of 0x60031013 within the NVidia audio section of the kext -- as the first entry. Does the device ID need to be somewhere else, maybe? Am I just going about this the wrong way entirely? Or is doing this not even possible? Is there more within the NVidia section that I have to modify?

If anyone else needs any more information, just let me know. I'll be appreciative of any advice anyone can give me. Thank you for your time.

- sorry to be non-positive; but I very much doubt that a TBSC can be made to work under OS X. It cannot [AFAIK] be made to have any function in Win5.x as an AC97-compatible device [ie you must use its own drivers to have any function], & uses a custom version of some Crystal IC so doesn't have [the last time I looked] full function in Linux.

Simplest [if you need A1 quality audio] to get a supported M-Wave PCI device, or if your requirements are simpler to find a cheapo card with a supported [Realtec 88x etc] IC on it.