Can't Install

weirddan455

6 posts in this topic

I got my hard drive all partitioned and everything and then I try and boot from the DVD. It comes up and loads for a minute then my computer just reboots... Here's my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 OC'd to 2.67ghz

MSI P35 Neo

Corsair Dominator 2GB

Foxconn Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

I know the overclock is stable. I did the Prime95 torcher test and let that run for 9 hours I think it was. I've also been running Folding@Home and gaming without a problem.

EDIT: I'm also running Vista Home Premium 64bit and trying to dual boot with that if that matters.

did you check the wiki to see if there are any issues with that board?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

about half way down the page there is a versions list where you can see the components that are compatible, and others that have issues, there are ususally suggestions for making them work, i dont know what version of the disk so i cant point you in a more percise direction

I'm using uphuck 10.4.9_v1.3. I don't see anything about my motherboard... working or not. It's based on the new Intel P35 chipset though so that could explain why. It just came out not too long ago. I'll try the cups=1 thing and report back.

Ok so I did that and now instead of rebooting it goes to this screen and freezes...

post-117979-1183181910_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...