Ati 1600 Apg 512mb

macg4dave

2 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get my Ati card to play nice for a very long time and i think its time for me to ask for some help :boxing:

I have a ATI 1600 512mb AGP (0x71c2) card on a nfocre3 logicboard with a AMD 3000. I am running the JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 version that comes with a great little pkg call 10.4.8.ATI.Radeonx1x00.agp.support.pkg.

It does a good job it gives me CI/QE. The problems with it are the bus comes up as Pci and the Vram as 256mb

Something’s run great like Dashboard or VLC but some programs like Toast or EV nova run very bad.

I have Tryed to use the NatitX1600.kext by DiaboliK with AGPGart.kext by x86dev.org and have entered the Device ID in the .plist of ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

The System profiler then shows that I have a agp card and 512mb but i lose CI/QE.

Please I have been trying to do this for a very long time now and i have read all the posts on the forum and tried everything I can think of. but i am just not getting anywhere.

So if you have done this can you tell me how please. If you want to send me your kext I can hosted the kext files on my server for other people too.