Boot Problem

Living at NYC

3 posts in this topic

Hi, all

I have installed OSX86 10.4.8 via DVD on my IBM T42 laptop without any other OS.

The installation is pretty smooth, however, after rebooting, the Mac OS can not be bootable.

Does any buddy can help me about this.?

My Hardware List,

CPU: Intel PM 1.6G

RAM: 1G

HD: 60G

Video Card: ATI 7500

Before you boot into OSX86 press F8 (press repeatedly after bios if it's the only OS installed) and at the command prompt type -v and press enter. That will give your a verbose boot which will in turn give you the error that is causing it not to boot.

Unless your not even getting that far. In any case I went through 12 different DVD's before I found the Goatsecz DVD and that so far is the only version that will boot on my laptop. It's 10.4.5 (with a 10.4.6 upgrade built-in), but at least it's a start. Look for it on torrent portal as it seems that no one else has it listed.

Thanks at first.

I try the verbose boot, after serveral screens of commands, the boot screen goes to dark (Apple Logo displaying for several minutes then going to dark in graphical boot). It seems that there are some errors, but it scrolls so fast that i could not get them.

Any body can help me? Thanks in advance.

Before you boot into OSX86 press F8 (press repeatedly after bios if it's the only OS installed) and at the command prompt type -v and press enter. That will give your a verbose boot which will in turn give you the error that is causing it not to boot.

Unless your not even getting that far. In any case I went through 12 different DVD's before I found the Goatsecz DVD and that so far is the only version that will boot on my laptop. It's 10.4.5 (with a 10.4.6 upgrade built-in), but at least it's a start. Look for it on torrent portal as it seems that no one else has it listed.

After several reboots, i got some error msgs here

1. Failed to load "com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI"

2. Couldn't set up diskarb session

3. couldn't recognize "computer name" & "host name"

after that, all gone, the booting screen is dark again.