Reboot problem?

2 posts in this topic

My system is: Gigabyte P965-DS3(M/Board)(BIOS:F11)(BIOS settings: SATA AHCI Mode=AHCI, OnBoard SATA/IDE Device=Enabled, OnBoard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode=AHCI), E6300(CPU), Gigabyte 7300GT(video PCIe), 250GB Maxtor SATA Hard Drive with 30GB OSx active partition mounted to the First Purple Port, Pioneer SATA DVD Drive mounted to First Orange Port. The second 300GB Hard Drive with fully working windows XP on it disconnected from Second Purple Port.

I installed the JaS OS 10.4.8 and it detected OSx partition. Formatted the OSx partition to Mac OS Extended (journal) and continued with installation. Under the Customization,

1. Essential System Software 3.3GB = enabled

2. Printer Drivers 2.1GB = skipped

3. Additional Fonts 129MB = enabled

4. Language Translations 1.1GB = skipped

5. X11 112MB = skipped

6. JaS 10.4.8 Packages 31.6MB

Intel. SSE3. Semthex = enabled

Intel. SSE3. Mifki = skipped

10.4.8 GMA900. 950. Support = skipped

SoundBlaster. USB. Audio support = skipped

Sigmatel 9220 Audio support = skipped

JaS 10.4.8. VIA. ATA. Support = skipped

ATI. ATA. Support = skipped.

And continued installation. It’s passed steps of checking your installation DVD, installing JaS 10.4.8, finishing installation, optimizing system performance and computer will restart.

First problem started right there. Cursor disappeared and searching circle started rotating continuously without computer restating almost more than 1 hour. Therefore I physically restarted the computer and now it indicating Missing Operating System. Restated the computer few more times but still same massage.

Therefore restated the computer with Jas 10.4.8 DVD again. Before reinstalling stage I checked the Disk Utility. It’s indicating,

· Mount Point: /volume/OSx

· Format: Mac OS Extended (journal)

· Owners Enabled: Yes

· Number of Folders: 20746

· Capacity: 29.3GB

· Available: 26.2GB

· Used: 3.1GB

· Number of Files: 77275.

Under the “System Profiler”, Graphics/ Display

· Type: Display

· Bus: PCIe

· VRAM: 256MB

· Vendor: NVIDIA ( 0 * 10de )

· Device ID: 0 * 0393

· Revision ID: 0 * 00a1

· Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Software Overview:

· System Version: Mac OSx 10.4.7 (8K1106)

· Kernel Version: Darwin 8.8.1

· Boot Volume: Mac OSx Install Disc*86

· User Name: System Administrator (root)

After the above information I didn’t continue with installation again. To my understanding all the system files are copied to the Hard Drive. This wasn't the first time same problem happened. Can someone please help me with above situation? Am I using the correct JaS DVD? Or is there any solution? Really appreciated.