Radeon 9550 with Callisto 08

1 post in this topic

Hi i have a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard with a amd 64 3200(sse2)

AGP Radeon 9550

i installed using uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 and most everything works fine. VIA ATA and SATA, USB, networking, all work.

so i installed callisto 08 so i could do on the fly resolution changes. i then reboot and do -v boot option to see if it freezes on anything.

callisto 08 from this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31638

when it goes to load the interface my monitor blanks like its not geting signal and after a minute cuts off like when my computer is off.

the strange thing is that when i do the -x -v boot options it will boot into the interface and all on the fly resolution changes works. the only problem with this is that the networking doesn't seem to work with the -x boot option. i don't know how to test if graphics acceleration works this way but all the screensavers seem to work but slowly.

i tried the AltPLLmethod but i can see with the -v that it is detecting the monitor capablities correctly.

so can anything help me troubleshoot why it blanks the screen on normal bootup.

thanks in advance for any help. i will try anything if someone has a suggestion or if you need more information to help diagnose the problems just tell me what you need.

i am also having audio problems which is supposed to be supported but i think i can figure that one out on my own once i get it booting correctly with the radeon 9550 with networking. also a few minor usb device recognition problems but it is very minor.