On a scale of 1 to 10...

SDRacer48

2 posts in this topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how safe is it to update from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 to 10.4.10.

Also, I had to modify kexts for audio, ethernet, and for the system to even boot. Do I have to remodify those kexts after an update.

My Specs Below....

On a scale of 1 to 10, how safe is it to update from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 to 10.4.10.

Also, I had to modify kexts for audio, ethernet, and for the system to even boot. Do I have to remodify those kexts after an update.

My Specs Below....

Based on your sig, you have been down the road a piece. So I would guestimate about an 8.5 -9.0 in the safety window. Get the new 8.10.1 kernel 1st. Back up your altered audio kexts, IONetworking kexts and whatever else is recommended in the update guide. Use the new System.kext too. Hold your breath and jump in! If you have a back-up that reduces risk immensely. I mentioned in a thread that many of us do this just to tinker and be able to do it. It is a hobby as well as a running system. Reloading stuff after a disaster isn't really that big of a deal. If you have your kexts it is lots quicker though!