TC Konnekt 24D audio interface

1 post in this topic

Hi there,

first of all, thanks for all the help on these pages. I got JaS osx86 10.4.8 running on an Asus A8V deluxe board with Athlon 3700+ CPU (Venice i think). I have to disable ACPI in the BIOS to run it and it has to be booted with the "-v" option or the screen will be blank. Also only the monitor connected to VGA works, but both have to be connected to make it work with this Geforce FX5200.

Anyway, I installed the TC Electronics Konnekt 24D ( http://www.tcelectronic.com/Konnekt24D.aspaudio ) interface. Audio works, but as soon as I do anything that tries to use the MIDI device the system acts funny. The mouse doesn't move properly and I cannot use keyboard commands. If I want to open a pulldown mnu with a shortcut it opens quickly and closes or quickly selects the first option. Tab works though and switching through running tasks. The TC Konnekt uninstall routine don't really remove the items from the macos audio/midi settings. The system displays them as installed but then crashes as described above when i try to open the midi settings. Same with MIDI applications.

I know this audio device is not too widespread, but maybe somebody has some advice. Maybe how to remove all the MIDI settings and devices manually. Or suggestions to make it run?

Any help is greatly appreciated

take care

mud