PROBLEMS STARTING JaS 10.4.8 Mac OS X

Brasileiro

9 posts in this topic

I,ve installed JaS OSx86 succesfully.Then I restart and boots to the grey screen displaying the Apple logo with rotating circle underneath,after a little bit ,the screen displays a message in several different languages that tells me to restart,I manaully restart and then the cycle continues. Can anyone help me? My system specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80GHZ(SSE2 and SSE3 compatible)

ECS PT890T-A

1 GB RAM

NVIDIA 6800 GS 512 MB Video Card

You make sure that the SSE3 patch is installed correctly.

Make sure that if your CPU works with SSE3, the best thing to do would be to install SSE3 patch.

Boot into Verbose, and take a note of what it says. Then post that here (Take a picture of the screen with a digital camers (So you can read it)) And put it in here.

It boot into Verbose, just hit a button when the boot countdown goes and type in -v and hit enter.

Boot into safe mode??

Hmmm, I booted into Darwin with diagnostic messages(-v) and it just said "Loading HFS+ Files"......about 4 times then loads into Mac Os installation,

and I believe taht the SSE3 Patch,and if not where could I get a SSE3 patch?

ALL and ALL ,it didnt work,I feel like a centimeter away from Mac OSx86

if you have cpu with sse2 and sse3 instruction, you only need to install sse3 patch

Uphuck 10.4.9 had been released for quite some time, I think you should try it if you got some free time. It has

the most recent fixes/patches compiled together.

Go to post 14 on this page, do exactly what it says and it will fix it.

I have reinstalled os x 86 JAS 10.4.8 serveral times and I have had to do it everytime.

Good Luck.

I follwoed the instructions,F8 afterboot loader,that went fine, then -v -s that also went fine however,when I type "/sbin/mount -uw /", the computer says that the "disk1s3:device is write locked." And I don't know how to change write/read. Any one how?