Dell latitude D620

ScoobyDooo

10 posts in this topic

Hello all

I'm new to the installing of Mac OSX86 on my Dell laptop - Latitude D620 I've been reading forums and tring to figure out how to get sound working but not having any luck. Ive tried the steps by seaDonkey and no luck. I Downloadeand tried the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.12.zip patch AND the sigmatel9221.txt file. Upzip, then drag the sigmatel9221.txt file into the AppleHDAPatcher icon, authenticate, patch and restarted. No luck with that. I found a file called codec_sigmatel9220.txt and tried that also, no luck. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get work would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I used uphucks 10.4.9 install DVD. Also would like to thank uphuck for the great work on it and all the hard work put in to it.

is there no one out there with a solution?

Dude,

First thing... you need to chill out a bit. You posted a question and then about 2 hours later, posted again accusing people of not helping you fix your problem quick enough. Remember, this is a community of users, not tech support central. Anyway, I've got a d820 and was able to get sound - no problem. I think you are having a problem because you are using an older version of taruga's utility. The latest version is 1.16 and it is made for 10.4.9. I can't guarantee it will solve your issue, but I think you need to start by trying that version.

Here is the link for the thread on that excellent utility:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

HTH

I have a D620, and used uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 DVD to install natively. Selecting the Intel SSE3 kernel, and GMA950 video. Wireless worked out of the box, and video is fine. For sound I used the AppleHDA 1.16 and the Stac9200-h.txt from http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/sigmatel I confirmed that the Stac9200-h.txt was the one for me first by booting to the windows partition, ran device manager, clicked properties on the sigmatel hd codec, and checked the device id and vendor id codes. The only thing I havent got going yet is enabling both cores in the BIOS. Cheers.

nclose thanks for the reply I tried the file you recommended and I have audio now thank you so much for the info. Like you said everything is working well audio is now working and installing was easie wireless is working haven't tried hooking to lan line. Like you said daul booting core haven't had any luck with eather just turning on daul core the everything boots fine. Thanks again Greatly appreciated. If I figure out the daul core I will post.

hi!

I have got a D620 as well, but currently there is no help for using both cores. you need to disable one.

All works, but not the networking.... no matter wireless or fixed. For wireless I just ordered a Dell Truemobile 1490 but for fixed i have no driver or workaround.

CIAO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...