almost installed then error and reinstall comes up!?

spicolli

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

well to start off with I have a dell XPS 170 Laptop with a Intel Pentium M 2.0, 1 GB of ram, system chip set Intel 915PM, geForce Go 6800 Ultra, Philips CDRW/DVD and I use a USB memorex DVDRW drive. I also have a USB segate 320 ext. HD (free agent).........

I have burned 2 diferent jas 10.4.8 ISO and used nero7 and Alcohol 120% at the lowest speed avable (2.4) and sill have the same prob.

when I install, I load the setup, get past the disk utilitys then start install I get past the first part to 100% then the next part starts and i get part the way into that THEN the reinstall screen comes up:(, been messing with this for a week and still no luck!! been reading lots of other post (i like to see if i can get it before i ask for help) BUT now I BE STUCK... I have a mac pro and love it but i really would like to get this running on the lap top native with dual boot WinXP! I have Linux and WinXp on dual boot now and i like it lots BUT i would l would LOVE my laptop to match my Mac systems (going to run dual boot OSx and Winxp on the Mac also)....Have i just gotten some bad ISOs...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what i was thinking so i got a memorex external DVDRW thinking i could boot off it. still no go! Also the jas 10.4.8 that i burned seem to only have 8 files in the ISO....(I used magic iso and iso buster to check this) should i have more files in the ISO?

Thanks!!

Also, thank you JesterDev for your reply!! :)

Only a few files seem to show up on the DVD. I rest I suppose can't be seen via windows. When you burned with Nero did you check off "Verify Written Data" ? In any case I kept having this same problem with my laptop. I just tried over and over again till it worked. I've had the most success with the uphuck version 1.2 iso. Just search for "uphuck" on your torrent site of choice.

HI!

Well i just burned the jaS 10.4.8 @ 1x speed with ingBURN and will try it out agin. I will be downloading the upchuck 1.3 iso BUT, do you think v1.2 is working better?

Do ya know if anyone has installed the OSx86 using a mac to a portable HD then using a backup and restore prog. on that drive. then doing a restore to the target drive on the PC? it sounds like it my work!?! any imput?????

Thanks!!

Well!!!

Been working on my mac past day and got it set up for dual boot OSx and WinXP with bootcamp!

Now i need to get back at the PC and and do the same!!

I hosed my PC system the other day so i figured to give it a rest and get my mac back up and its working sweet!

I started to get upchuck 1.3 but didnt get time to finish!! ill get back at it in a day or two!

I'll keep ya posted! If i cant get it i think i'll just go back to the dual boot Linux/WinXP!!! :P

Also, I cant seem to get my exturnal DVD to boot my system and im bummin!!! Ill have to do more re search on that!!

Thanks for your help and imput

When i set the bios to boot from usb it seems not to see and bootable drive/cd/dvd.

The bios on this XPS suck it wont let me really change anything (good) it looks child prof!! :laser:

i'll get back at it soon just looking for a new upchuck 1.3