Can`t connect to network shares

someguy360

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

Im running Uphuck 10.4.9 V1.2.

And all my devices are completely supported :thumbsup_anim:

But there is one last thing that I can not get working.

And that is that when i go to connect to server and type in smb://file01 and click connect the connect button does nothing.

Now i transfer about 10gb per day alone backwards and forwards from that server and I need to get SMB working.

Can anyone provide a solution please.

Thanks alot

Someguy360

I have the same problem, no matter what i try to connect to (smb://, ftp://, etc) the connect to server button does nothing. Also if I use finder to browse the network, I can see the workgroup and all the computers/servers in it, but if I try to open one, i get the message "The alias "SomeComputer" could not be opened because the original item cannot be found." I will continue looking for a solution and if i find it I will post the solution here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the file you are talking about was part of the JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3 package. It was called MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg. Later versions of uphuck's releases didn't seem to need this.

Also, here's a thread that tackles the subject a little more in depth.http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=46835

• 2 weeks later...