Building A "Hackintosh" Rig

MiG-29C

1 post in this topic

Hello. I'm new in the forum. I've been using PCs for the past 10 years, but after I tried the Mac for the first time, I decided to switch. Macs are fast, stable and it has a user-friendly GUI. Windows-based PCs on the other hand give you flexibility - you can build your own according to your desired specs, as budget allows.

Well, I'm kinda stubborn and I insist on having both so the most sensible approach is to build a "Hackintosh" rig from scratch. I've heard about the various compatiblity issues pertaining to some hardware, so I guess my real advantage here is, I'm yet to buy the components I need for my rig. I might as well get something that works.

If it's not too much trouble, guys, can you please help me out?

Here are the following specs I got in mind:

SPECS

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.16GHz) or E6600 (2.33GHz) processor

Asus P5W DH De Luxe or Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 motherboard (which is better?)

Kingston or Corsair 1.0GB DDR2 800MHz memory (to be upgraded to 4GB gradually, when budget allows)

Seagate 250GB 7200rpm SATA HDD

ATI Radeon X1600XT 256MB / 128-Bit GDDR3 PCI-E with Silent Pipe II (Sapphire or Gigabyte, which is better?)

Sony DRU-820A internal or Lacie external DVD-Writer

NOTE:

I miight add the Creative X-Mod or Digital Music LS (both USB) later for my audio system upgrade. If you got additional inputs or other suggestions, that would be very helpful. Thanks! ;)