Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi

4 posts in this topic

I'm lost. :) I've read every thread available about installing OS X on a P5B Deluxe.

One thread suggests using this install... 'jas 10.4.8 amd/intel sse2/sse3 with v1p and diskutil patches' . Problem is, it only has 1 seed. Can someone tell me where to start? Will the new uphuck_10.4.9_v1.3 install work? I've heard a few 10.4.8 installs won't work with this board, so which updated and seeded 10.4.8 installs will work?

Also, can I use a SATA dvdrw to install OS X, or must it be a USB drive? The older posts say no, but newer ones seem to suggest you can install with a SATA DVD.

Maybe once I pull this off, I'll compile a badly needed updated install guide for P5B owners.

Good Day. i was able to get Jas 10.4.8 installed using a SATA dvd-rom connected to the second sata port. I then used Jas 10.4.9 combo-update which updated my system to 10.4.8 and 8.9.1 kernel... I'm stuck at which audio package and network drivers to use at the moment.

good luck.

donovan

Something else that would be good is a comparison of bios versions/settings to see what others have setup and are using successfully... I'll try to gather up some notes and post them here as I move forward with this project.

enjoy!

My config is :

ASUS P5B DELUXE/WIFI-AP

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHZ

2GB DDR25400HK GSKILL

320GB Maxtor HD 7200RPM SATA

Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX

18X DVD-RW Drive LG IDE

And it works great try to download this Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso and install that patch (http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3707685/Intel_Core_2_Duo_debug___Ppf-o-matic_3.0) on it, it works with me... Good luck