Adding resolution in the list

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm really new in this. Just want to make sure. Is it possible just to add the resolution list in 10.4.8? I installed the JaS version of it with X1950Pro (I know there is not much luck with this one). I didn't install any 3rd party kext from Titan, JCCool and even the most common hardware support was not selected during installation.

Currently my OSX is displaying everything correctly but I only limited to 1024 x 768. Is it possible just to add resolution list somewhere?

I tried JCCool before, but for desktop animation, it seems stuttering, but without JCCool's 0.3, it runs smoothly. Currently I'm installing OSX again so I can't tell whether the default driver used enabled QE/CI or not. Will update later.

If it's not possible, some explanation would help.

Well, actually you should check out the ati section. I don't use an ATI card anymore, but I believe they had success for the 19xx series of cards. As to adding a resolution to the list, nope, not unless it is officially supported. You can edit the boot.plist and add the "Graphics Mode" to the startup, which is what I am doing for my nvididia geforce 8600gts, you can select any resolution that your card and monitor are able to perform. I am running 1920x1200 smoothly.

Thanks man, actually I just understand one think. When no kext is installed, none would be loaded. I ended up using Jccool's installer instead and now running OK with 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz. Too bad, no QE/CI support though. I can live with that... for now...