First Boot: Login Window Application Started and grey screen

Longstreet

1 post in this topic

Hi,

i just installed Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Jas Image with 10.4.9 update) on my Dual Xeon.

Installation worked without any problems, I did an install on a 40 GB IDE HD.

As I wanted to boot, I encountered that the install drive wasn't my Primary IDE so

I jumpered them correctly and it bootet. After some while, the grey screen with an Apple

apperad and the progress circle stopped spinning. Then some music started, followed by

Apples speech output. The keyboard was working as I encounter some noise when I hit a key.

In order to find the error, I bootet in verbose mode but was turned away with no errors.

The last messages are:

/system/Library/CoreServicees/loginwindow.app/Content/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Applications Started

AppleIntel8254XEthernet: Ethernet adress 00:17.....

localhost configd[51]: No AirPort Driver found

I'd be glad if anyone has any ideas to get the Mac running.

Regards,

Marius

----

Some thins I forgot to mention:

I did a quick "screen shot" with the last outputs in verbose mode where the PC got stuck working:

http://www.imagebanana.com/img/14scwo00/06190001.JPG

My graphic card is a Matrox Parhelia 256 PCI-X, it had been recognised correct during installation but

I'm just testing another card.

----

I think it's safe to say that it isn't the fault of my graphics card as I testet 2 others with exactly the same effects.

They were kind of old, Ati Rage and Elsa Winner but they were quite good for displaying a grea screen qith an Apple :gun:

---

So I was just browsing the forums and experianced that this may be a common problem, I'm now doing a fresh install

without any additional drivers, this should fix the Problem, I'm excited to see.

---

IT WORKED!

Finally it worked by just installing the Intel Patch without adding additional Drivers, someone said that it was the ATI Driver causing

those conflicts.

So what I have to do next is doing a better install of my Graphic card but I fear that there are no Drivers for a Matrox Parhelia.

And I've got to do something that Mac recognises both CPUs and Dual Screen would be a neat feature in Order to work.

The 10.4.9 update etc,...