2 issues: cd/dvd not working (mount problem?) and icons position resetted

JSR

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Since a few days I've noticed 2 strange issues:

- When I insert a cd/dvd I can see the reader working, but there's no icon on the desktop, and once the CD/DVD is inside I can't eject it in anyway. I think my Mac Os doesn't automount CDs :poster_oops: or... I don't know!

- Another problem is that the desktop icons position is resetted every time I restart or turn on the computer. It seems the Mac Os doesn't save the desktop on exit... :blush:

What's up?

TNX

reconfigure the your desktop items by righclcking on the desktop.

from the finder menu, configure it to show a desktop icon of dvd/cd when it is inserted

under MAC OS, you cant eject a cd/dvd by pressing the eject button of the optical drive you need press and hold F12, or right click on the cd/dvd desktop icon and click eject.

reconfigure the your desktop items by righclcking on the desktop.

from the finder menu, configure it to show a desktop icon of dvd/cd when it is inserted

under MAC OS, you cant eject a cd/dvd by pressing the eject button of the optical drive you need press and hold F12, or right click on the cd/dvd desktop icon and click eject.

I know the visual option for the desktop: It is selected, but there's no dvd/cd icon on the desktop, and F12 doesn't work.

I have this problem since I installed MacFUSE